Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2011
Access to knowledge is our passion. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, we do not want anything to stand in the way. That is why we are pleased to announce the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. This scholarship aims to help dismantle barriers that keep students with disabilities from entering computing, encourage them to excel in their studies and become active role models and leaders in creating technology.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic performance and demonstrated passion for computer science. A group of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD students will be chosen from the applicant pool. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of researchers and engineers. The scholarship recipients will each receive a EUR 7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship for the 2011/2012 academic year.
In June 2011, all scholarship recipients will be invited to visit Google’s Engineering Centre in Zurich for an all-expenses-paid networking retreat. It will include workshops with a series of speakers, panels, breakout sessions and social activities, and will provide an opportunity to meet and share experiences.
Candidates must be:
- A student enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme (or equivalent) in 2011/2012.
- Enrolled at a University in Europe. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- A person with a disability. The term persons with disabilities is used to apply to all persons with disabilities including those who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments which, in interaction with various barriers may hinder their full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others.
How to apply
Please complete the online application and submit all requested documents by 20th January 2011. All application documents must be in English. Scholars will be notified in April 2011.
You will be required to submit the following:
- Up-to-date copy of your CV.
- Answers to the following short essay questions (suggested word count is 400-600 words per question):
- Describe a significant technical project you have worked on. If you have worked on a major independent research project (such as research for a Master’s or PhD programme), please describe that work here. Give an overview of the problem and your approaches to the key technical challenges. If this was a group effort, specify your individual role and contributions.
- What are you passionate about? Tell us which barriers you have had to overcome to be successful in your studies and in your life and how did you fulfill your passion? Feel free to think broadly and examine the many ways you overcame barriers and fulfilled your passion.
- Academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s: A copy of your current academic record.
- Master’s and PhD: A copy of your previous and current academic records.
- Enrollment confirmation for 2011/2012 or confirmation of graduation date.
- Please include with your application an official enrollment confirmation or a confirmation of your graduation date issued by an official authority of the university e.g. your departmental administrator or a professor.
- Recommendation letters.
- Two strong referral letters from individuals who are qualified to evaluate your accomplishments, e.g. from a professor, adviser or supervisor.
For specific questions not answered on this page or in the FAQ section, please e-mail scholars-europe-atoogle.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!
736 total views, 3 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2011 semoga informasi tentang Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2011 ini bermanfaat.