Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang CASE PhD studentship in Mathematics at Warwick University maka di bawah ini Pusat Informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan tentang CASE PhD studentship in Mathematics at Warwick University
CASE PhD studentship in Mathematics at Warwick University
The four-year studentship provides the opportunity for research, towards a PhD in Mathematics, on the analysis of statistical inference problems in the context of spatial tracking. The research is motivated by the problem of tracking large numbers of moving sources of radio emissions and will be undertaken in collaboration with SELEX Galileo Ltd. Expressing the tracking problem in the framework of Bayesian statistical inference it is immediately apparent that the resulting optimisation problem will be far from convex. The posterior probability will have many local maxima and the research will pursue complexity reduction by using appropriate filters defining a hierarchy of sub-problems at different scales to enable efficient numerical solution. This research will provide the opportunity for applying developed methods to communication-band data with SELEX-Galileo Ltd.
Students with a more theoretical inclination would be invited to investigate closely related mathematical problems which are motivated by the multiscale structure of the data. High dimensional optimization problems with many local extrema can be studied with powerful tools from variational calculus, such as Γ-convergence.
A systematic application of multiscale methods to Bayesian Statistics can provide a rigorous mathematical derivation of coarse grained variables that represent some of the most important information content of the data. A systematic exploration of this approach would be highly desirable and pave the way for treating many important related problems. deal applicants for the studentship will soon complete, or have completed a 4-year Mathematics education with a first class degree.
Enquiries: Dr Florian Theil, Mathematics Institute, Warwick University, email@example.com.
Deadline: July 25th, 2011
737 total views, 3 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarships, Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark Applications are invited for 3-year PhD positions starting June 1 2011 or earlier, at the Department of Mathematics. The positions should be within the research areas of the […]
- PhD Studentship in Computer Vision and Robotics at Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany With 4400 staff members Forschungszentrum Juelich is the largest interdisciplinary research centre in Germany focusing its research in the fields of health, environment and energy, and […]
- 2 PhD Positions in Numerical methods, computational tools and software for the analysis and control of LPV systems OverviewThe aim of the project is to develop (numerical) methods, computational tools and software for the analysis and control of linear infinite-dimensional systems with time-varying […]
- Technical University of Denmark PhD Positions in Mathematics Related Research Areas Applications are invited for 3-year PhD positions starting June 1 2011 or earlier, at the Department of Mathematics. The positions should be within the research areas of the […]
- Three PhD Scholarship Positions in Demography in history, anthropology or anthropological demography (PhD project 1) or a (Research) Master’s degree in history, demography, sociology or economics (PhD projects 2-3);• a strong […]
- Post-doctoral Scholarship in High-pressure Research on Nanostructured Materials The Division of Physics at Luleå University of Technology (LTU) invites highly motivated candidates with an interest to carry out research on nanostructured materials in experimental […]
- PhD Fellowship for Female Scientist at Delft University of Technology Delft University of Technology is aiming to substantially increase the number of top female scientists. To help accelerate this, Delft Technology Fellowship offers high-profile, […]
- 2 Post Doctoral Positions in Mathematical Physics at The University of Lisbon The Group of Mathematical Physics of the University of Lisbon (gfm.cii.fc.ul.pt/enapplications for two research post-doctoral positions in Mathematics within the scope of the following […]
- Research fellow (PhD candidate) in applied and computational mathematics at Department of Mathematics at University of Bergen The Department of Mathematics has a vacancy for a research fellow in applied and computational mathematics for a period of 4 years from August 2011. The PhD position is within the […]
- PhD Scholarships in Computer Science 2011-2012 at Saarbrücken Graduate School of Computer Science, Germany PhD Scholarships in Computer Science for Students Who Hold a Masters or an Excellent Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a Related Field Study Subject: Computer ScienceEmployer: […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang CASE PhD studentship in Mathematics at Warwick University semoga informasi tentang CASE PhD studentship in Mathematics at Warwick University ini bermanfaat.