Rio Tinto Scholarships for LLM in Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, UK
In an increasingly integrated global economy, managing the complexities of mineral resources investment and development provides challenges for host governments, international institutions, companies, investors and all stakeholders participating in the sector.
The Centre for Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) offers an LLM in Mineral Law and Policy, which provides with the required interdisciplinary knowledge and skills to deal with the current legal, policy and economic issues and challenges in mineral resources investment and development. CEPMLP’s interdisciplinary nature and perspectives in international and comparative law and the success of its emphasis on a theoretical and practical approach to learning make it one of the premier organisations of its kind worldwide.
Rio Tinto plc, together with CEPMLP, acknowledging the importance of contributing worldwide to sustainable mineral resources development, are offering as part of their partnership’s activities up to a maximum of 6 fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to the degree:
Master of Laws (LLM) in Mineral Law and Policy
The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- An arrival allowance and thesis/assignment allowance
Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia
- Be a national and resident of the following countries at the time of applying for the award: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Madagascar, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Peru, Russia, South Africa and Zimbabwe
- Complete the degree within 12 months and return to their home country at the end of their period of study
Employees, employee’s relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) the British Council, Rio Tinto plc and the University of Dundee will not be eligible to apply for these awards.
Method of Scholarship Selection
Please note that there is no separate application form for the Rio Tinto plc Scholarship.
Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the fullt-ime LLM in Mineral Law and Policy programme should provide a 250-word Personal Statement, preferably attached to their UKPASS application, or sent under separate cover, by email attachment to Kathleen Shortt: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to demonstrate in your Personal Statement that you are motivated to make a career that will take you to a position of leadership in your own country within 10 years of your Scholarship. You must be committed to networking to find global solutions and you should be able to use your studies and experience gained in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK. You should become a first-class ambassador for the UK in your home country. Your Personal Statement should emphasise the following points:
- Your ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities
- Your skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions
- Your networking ability, ambition and plans for the future
- Your academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity
- Your outside interests – ie hobbies and activities
All applications must be received by the 31 May 2013.
Candidates are invited to apply for admission to the LLM online. In addition to the online application, candidates should submit a brief statement, max. 250 words, explaining why you think you should be considered for the scholarship.
Ms. Kathleen Shortt
University of Dundee
Dundee DD1 4HN
Scotland , UK
For more information, please visit : official website
622 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Rio Tinto Scholarships for LLM in Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, UK semoga informasi tentang Rio Tinto Scholarships for LLM in Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, UK ini bermanfaat.