Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium maka di bawah ini Pusat Informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan tentang PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium
PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium
At the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Ghent University a position for a PhD student is available.
The aim of this PhD project is computational study of mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias in the fibrotic heart. Sudden cardiac death due to cardiac arrhythmias is the leading cause of mortality in the industrialized world. Some of the most important factors underpinning arrhythmias is alterations of the electrical properties of cardiac tissue due to an increased number of non-conducting cardiac cells (fibroblasts) and changes in some other properties of cardiac cells called remodelling. The mechanisms underlying the onset of arrhythmias under these conditions have not yet been identified. In this project we will address this problem using integrative computer modelling on cell, tissue and whole organ level.
We seek a motivated candidate with broad interest in biophysics, integrative computational and mathematical biology, biomedical engineering. Prior experience in cardiac modelling is an advantage, but not necessary.
Your work will include numerical integration of systems of ordinary and partial differential equations describing various regimes of wave propagation in the heart with the aim to identify mechanisms underlying arrhythmias in fibrotic cardiac tissue. Although most of the programs are already available at our group, a working knowledge of C/C++ is desirable.
Candidates who will obtain their degree in this academic year (2010 – 2011) are also encouraged to apply.
Tel. ++32 9 264 4964
Dept. Physics and Astronomy,
Duration of the project :
September 2011 –August 2015. Depending on the availability of the selected candidate, the starting (and end) date of the project can be somewhat shifted in either direction.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
If you are interested, please contact: Alexander.Panfilov@UGent.be
Last application date: 2011-11-01 12:00
802 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes The aim of this project is to model the interactions of lipid membranes with nano-objects including functional biomimetic polymers, peptides, polymeric micelles and polymer […]
- [Belgium] PhD Position Biochemistry-Biotechnology at Ghent University Position for a PhD Grant.Laboratory for Protein Biochemistry and Biomolecular Engineering -L-PROBE-Department Biochemistry and Microbiology(Fac. of Sciences-Ghent University)DescriptionThe […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Biostatistics Hasselt University, in collaboration with the International Drug Development Institute (IDDI, Belgium), announces the following position (m/f): Researcher doctoral student in […]
- PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg The University of Gothenburg, Faculty of Science announces; Ph.D. student position in biophysical chemistry at the Department of ChemistryWe are looking for a highly motivated PhD student […]
- PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology, Lund University, Sweden PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology – LUND UNIVERSITY The student will work in the area of dynamical modelling of biological networks, in particular in relation […]
- PhD Scholarships in Plant Science and Microbiology A 4 year PhD opportunity in genetic, genomics and cell biology through to molecular biology, biological chemistry and computational biology. This prestigious multidisciplinary programme […]
- PhD Scholarships at School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Halmstad University The School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering (School of IDE) and its research environment, Halmstad Embedded and Intelligent Research (EIS) is experiencing a […]
- 7 PhD positions at Halmstad University OverviewThe School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering (School of IDE) and its research environment, Halmstad Embedded and Intelligent Research (EIS) is […]
- PhD in Computational Logic and Natural Reasoning, Tilburg University, Netherlands The Tilburg Center for Logic and Philosophy of Science (TiLPS) invites applications for a PhD position in natural logic and natural reasoning. The title of the PhD project is “A […]
- PhD Scholarship in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia The Faculty of Engineering & IT of the University of Sydney, Australia, invites applications for a PhD position beginning in August 2011. The purpose of the project is to explore the […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium semoga informasi tentang PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium ini bermanfaat.