Fellowships for Developing Countries at International Climate Protection Program
The International Climate Protection Fellowships enable prospective leaders to conduct a research-related project of their own choice during a one-year stay in Germany. Submit an application if you are a prospective leader from a non-European threshold or developing country working in the field of climate protection and resource conservation in academia, business or administration in your country. The programme, which is being funded under the International Climate Initiative by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, includes a preparatory intensive language course in Germany, a several-week introductory seminar, a two-week training course and a final meeting in Berlin. These activities will enable you to gain additional insights into academic, social, cultural, economic and political life in Germany.
- First academic degree (Bachelor`s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship (1. September 2012),
- A further academic or professional qualification (Master`s, PhD, LL.M., MBA etc.) or extensive professional experience in a leadership role (at least 48 months at the time of application) in the field of climate protection and resource conservation;
- Initial practical experience (at least 12 months at the time of application) through involvement in projects related to climate protection and resource conservation (possibly already during studies);
- Leadership potential demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references,
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a confirmation of support; details of the proposed project must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application;
- Citizenship of a non-European threshold or developing country which is also the fellow`s habitual abode and place of work;
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates;
- Two to three expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate`s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility and his / her leadership potential.
If the application for a Europe research stay is approved, the fellow will receive a Europe allowance of EUR 550 per month (or EUR 700 if accompanied by his/her marital partner) for the duration of the stay abroad, in addition to the fellowship. The amount of the fellowship is 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR per month. The fellowship amount includes a mobility allowance and a subsidy towards the cost of medical and liability insurance. Depending on the funds available, the size of the monthly fellowship reflects, in particular, the fellow`s academic and professional qualification and status as well as the professional experience. Decisions on the amount are made by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. The fellowship is paid in monthly instalments.It is important that fellows open a private bank account (current account, Girokonto) at a bank in Germany and inform the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation immediately of their account number,bank code,and the name and address of their bank to ensure punctual remittance of the monthly payments (a form is available on the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation`s website. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation will pay for accommodation during the introductory seminar, the fellowship amount will, therefore, be reduced by 30% during the time of the seminar.
During the sponsorship period, fellows may conduct short-term research visits to institutions in other European countries if this is necessary to carry out the project successfully. The maximum duration should be 1 to 2 months; for stays up to 14, days please use the mobility allowance. The written application (no specific form required) must include the following documents:
- a brief description of the planned project,
- full details of schedules,
- an invitation from a host or an institution (e.g. library, museum, etc.) in a European country other than Germany,
- a recommendation from the host in Germany,
- an expense voucher for the fellow`s travel expenses, for example, copies of tickets or a quotation from a travel agency.
If you wish to submit an application you must register first. Your email address is also your user name. Applicants must choose a password on registration. After registering you will be sent an email with a link which will allow you to log-on and access the application form using your user name and password. You can interrupt the application process at any time and save your data.The application may only be submitted once. Should you experience any problems with the online application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15 December 2011
758 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Fellowships for Developing Countries at International Climate Protection Program semoga informasi tentang Fellowships for Developing Countries at International Climate Protection Program ini bermanfaat.